The SusTEn Partnership comprises of significant Actors with exceptional know-how and expertise and with complementary fields of interest, covering the whole range of the required competences:
- Laboratory of Research and Tourism Satellite Accounts- University of Patras (LARETSA): The Laboratory promotes research and advocates educational issues concerning Tourism Policy, Tourism Development, Tourism Economy and application of Information Technology in Tourism. The laboratory's primary task focuses, on one hand, on the constitution of an observatory as well as an overall archive of Greek Tourism at national and regional level, as well as on the formation of a model for the Greek Tourism Satellite Account (Gr-T.S.A.)
- Business and Innovation Centre of Attika (BIC of Attika): The European Community Business and Innovation Centre was established in 1995 as a non profit-organization. Its main mission is the support and development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) and the promotion and implementation of relevant EU and national policies in collaboration with local, national and EU authorities.
- Region of Attica: Is an administrative public body and its main task is to plan, develop and finally implement policies which contribute to the economic, social and cultural development, in relation to the National Planning. Its legal representative is the General Secretary, appointed by the Governement.
- Foundation University-Enterprise of the Balearic Islands (FUEIB): It is non-profit institution participated by the scopes of the Universitat de les Illes Balears and local companies. The FUEIB works from different objectives: Encouragement of the relations between the University and companies through making collaboration agreements between both institutions at the field of investigation and technical assistance; Managing and taking part in projects included in European initiatives and programmes related to training and business; Managing continous training in business sector; and Monitoring training actions and assessment its impact.
- Town Council of Palma of Majorca: The municipality of Palma (Mallorca Island) as a public local administration, is organized into main 9 government areas: Environment, Economy and Employment, Social Welfare, Public finance, Public Function and Innovation, Institutional Relations, Tourism, Trade and Consumption, Mobility and Citizenship Security, Health, Territorial Decentralization and Population, Education, Equity and Civil Rights, Infrastructure and Public Health. The main basis of the municipality economy is focused on tertiary and quaternary activities (trade, private and public administration, finance and tourism).
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Primorska: It is positioned in the region of Obalno-Kraska in the south-western part of Slovenia. It is the regional body that serves not only its members but the wider business Community. It covers 70% of the economical potential of the region of Obalno-Kraska. To our members, we provide representation, services, information and guidance. Our main activities are support in connecting enterprises and groups (consortia, clusters, etc..), coordination of joint activities in partnership, providing information on business environment, promotion of regional innovation results, training and education, providing information on and collaboration in national and international projects
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Lyon (CCIL): This institution as all the Chambers in France are the representative of the interests of industrial, commercial and services companies. The four main Chamber's objectives are: to support businesses in their creation and development; to represent the business in all local structures in order to defend the interests of all classes of business (motions to the government); to implement innovative actions in the field of the economic development.
- IRECOOP Veneto: It has chosen to operate creating a light and flexible structure with employees, stable consultants and habitual advises, who are, each time, involved in activity of: analysis, planning, and realisation of training programmes and consultant services for public and private organisations, enterprises, co-operatives, associations and foundations. It avails itself of the collaboration of the territorial structure and service centres of the Confcooperative, present in all provinces of Veneto.
- Regional Province of Ragusa: This province has been constituted in 1927 after the separation from the province of Syracuse. It includes twelve towns and a population of about 300.761 inhabitants. It realizes the self-government of its community and supervises to economic, social and cultural development in harmony and full respect of surrounding environment. The province of Ragusa has, among the nine Provinces of the island, the lower unemployment rate and the taller per capita income. The environmental and naturalistic beauties of the territory make this area one of the most beautiful angles of Sicily. Ragusa has a strong entrepreneurial vocation in comparison with the other Sicilian provinces
- Regional Province of Venecia: This province is a governmental body aimed to promote the development and defend the interests of the local community. Geographically, it stands between municipality and region. The tourism department of the Province of Venice is in charge of carrying out projects, interventions and activities of promotion and valorisation of touristic and naturalistic resources. Its work is oriented towards completing a balanced system which includes also weak and neglected areas, from a touristic point of view. The European projects carried out by now had the scope to valorise the territory, map all the cultural, archaeological, environmental, historical, naturalistic and oenogastronomic Excellencies of the entire provincial area.
The SusTEn's geographical area of research and intervention include 7 territories from 5 countries of Southern Europe:
- Greece: Attica, Western Greece
- Italy: Veneto, Sicily (Ragusa)
- Spain: Illes Balears
- France: Rhône-Alpes (Rhône)
- Slovenia: Obalno-Kraska
You can contact to the following people: